Secret Workouts That Will Increases Your Pace in Weeks

I'm sure that we are all looking for speed workout for cyclist for the same reason. We all are too slow when we race. I always felt pretty bad lagging behind the rest of the pack in every race I was in. I started to workout hard trying every workout I could get my hands on. Finally, I found one that really worked.

Eventually, I started placing higher. But I still could not win. I don't know what was worse, being last and knowing I couldn't win or coming in the top 10 and not being able to get that extra boost of speed no matter what. I bet you can understand exactly how I felt. That is until I found workouts that actually helped me.

One workout for cyclist I found that really helped me to increase my speed is interval training. I bet some of you have heard of this style of training, but some of you have not. For the latter group let me explain.

Intervals are periods on intense work followed by a little longer period of rest. These are repeated for a certain number of times. Done correctly these will really increase the explosive power in your legs and really help you increase you speed. After all, your goal is to increase your speed, right?

One interval training workout for cyclist I followed is this. It takes about 25 minutes to do if you are a complete beginner. With experience and some good endurance this could talk as long as an hour.

This is what you need to do.

First, warm up by cycling for 10 minutes.
Then you are going to pedal at a perceived rate of exertion of 9 (on a scale of 0 - 10) for 30 seconds.
Then pedal at a level of 4 for one minute and a half. That is one interval.
Repeat this at least 5 times for beginners and more times for experienced riders. Your goal is to work up to 20 intervals.
Then finish off with a cool down of at least 5 minutes.
This workout for cyclist makes your legs stronger and better able to handle riding fast. Intervals develop explosive power in your legs. This in turn increases your speed. Once you get used to this you can even use this in your races to gain extra ground.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Tips for Cyclists to Get Proper Nutrition Without Overeating

The Benefits of Attending a Cycling Clubs

Tips for Cycling Safely on a Busy Road